Sometimes things don’t make sense in our natural minds. Sometimes this can be down right
frustrating. Sometimes, we just
want to plan things the way we want them to happen, the way they SHOULD
happen. But, sometimes, our God
has other plans….It is time to be still and wait on Him. I have never had as much difficulty
doing that as I do right now.
After a recent MRI, it was found that Emalee’s cyst has
grown by another 2mm. This growth
has taken place within the last 8 weeks.
This is very alarming as her parent because I just want the thing to
quit wreaking havoc on her precious little body. But, I am not in charge and my plan just went out the window
yesterday. I just knew the surgeon
was going to call and schedule Emalee for surgery in June. I just knew that we were going to be
headed to LA in a very short amount of time. I just knew that I had this thing all planned out, but God
just knew it wasn’t the right time.
No big deal right? I mean
after all, I do trust Him with her life right? After all, He did create her in His image, right? Right! Except, the news I received put all that right back into
perspective for me.
Dr. Shahinian told me that he wanted to do a rescan in one
year. One YEAR! So, I asked him if I understood him
right, that she would miss another year of school, gain another 60 pounds and
live another year with very little quality of life! I was furious!
This is not what I had planned for my daughter! She is pushing every day and now I had
to tell her that she had to endure for another year. People, I am telling you, she is amazing, but she is twelve
years old. This is a hard spot to
be in at 32 much less at 12. He
told me he would compromise and rescan in 6 months. Seriously, that is like Thanksgiving! No way, there is just no way! He told me that if her symptoms
worsened, headaches, seizures, etc. to notify him immediately and that was the
end of the conversation (in a nutshell).
I got off of the phone and immediately I wanted to ball my
eyes out, but I couldn’t find the tears.
I wanted to feel sorry for myself, for Emalee, for our family, but I
felt such a peace. What in the
world was going on? I began to
pray and the Lord spoke into my heart to be still. He STILL holds my girl in the palm of His hand even when MY
plans fall through.
Who am I? And
why in the world would I ever think that MY plan would ever be better or more
timely than HIS plan…I realized that I don’t want my plan anymore….I want HIS
plan. Right there, he renewed my
strength. He showed me how He has
carried us all for the past year and He will continue to. There are so many things about this
season in Emalee’s life that seem so unfair. No basketball camps this Summer, no Dry Gulch USA, her
favorite thing to do in the Summer, but she can’t! She can’t because this year of her life has been set aside
that she would know and see that the Creator of her fragile little body is
bringing her closer to Him, stretching her faith, and demonstrating that HE IS
SURELY ALIVE! Praise the
Lord! His strength is perfect,
when our strength is gone. So
thankful that he is renewing our faith and our strength day by day.
Thank you all for your continued prayers for our
family. This has been such a
trying time, but we know that God chose it to fulfill a part of His calling on
our lives. To teach us what it
means to solely look to Him and to be thankful every day that souls will be
forever changed by the courage and joy that Emalee and our family portray and
give out each day even in the midst of our storm. So thankful to be used of Him, so so thankful…This is part
of HIS PLAN, to be used to demonstrate HIS GLORY. I can’t wait to see it revealed...She is healed by the blood
of the Lamb and the word of her testimony. She is an overcomer and no weapon formed against her will prosper. She will live the way the Word of God
says she will live…ABUNDANTLY. We are sitting in the middle of our
circle believing that the revelation is near. She has received her Healing and the Glory of the Lord will
be revealed on every face. She is
the healed of the Lord for the Lord has big things in store for her life….She
will forever change the nations of the world because her testimony is going to
rock their socks off. People get
ready!
PUSHING FOR EM!
Love you all,
Amanda
P.S. Humbled every day that I was chosen to be her
mother. After all, I have so much
to learn and she has taught me more than I can ever explain. She is my hero!
2 comments:
Hi Amanda, Just read your blog for the first time. Meg has been reporting to me until now. This is the first time I have seen you on my feed on FB.
You amaze me! Your strength in the Lord is so apparent and I know His glory shines in you and your family.
I know a little of the pain of the process and will always think of you when I am overwhelmed by the path He has chosen for me.
What comfort we receive from knowing that our individual paths are led by His design. He creates something far better and more lovely in us through the harsh realities of life.
I will continue to remember you in prayer with new resolve after having read your blog. You have been and will continue to be a blessing to me and many others as you follow Christ.
Denise Eldridge
Amanda,glad to meet you found you through Liam page. He is so cute. What I want to say to you is you keep going forward with questions. If one doctor is not able to help you find another one. I have autoimmune disease and my body is always changing but I am my own advocate for my healthcare. I learning to not be passive but active in my care. I am letting them know what I need to have done. You need to keep looking for doctors that won't tell you wait another year. That is crazy. She could fall and really get hurt. I know this all too well I fall. Keep going and you can do this. God will help you along the way. But don't let the health care community push you either. Find other resources they are there. She should not have to put her life on hold because they don't understand.
Twila
Post a Comment